Sunday, March 24, 2013

11- Man Marries Virtual Girlfriend!


                I have read many things that made me say "weird." And while I was searching for a picture for my previous article "Video game affects to relationships," I found a picture that had me saying "huh?"

                The picture on the right was what I found and it had me doing more research about the news. And yes, I found out that this article was true. A man really did marry his girlfriend from a game called Love Plus! it was a bit shocking but not really repulsive to me. I can't really judge the man since I don't know what he really feels and thinks about in doing the marriage.  and after watching a documentary about dolls being used as replacement girlfriends in every sense of the word, nothing can really surprise me in that department.


                One of the articles entitled "Japanese Man Marries Virtual Girlfriend" written on December 1, 2009 about this news was written by  Amar Toor in the site switched.com. He said that the man, Sal9000, married his girlfriend in the game named Nene Anegasaki.

" The man, known only as Sal9000, tied the knot with Nene Anegasaki during a 'Meet: Japan' event at the Tokyo Institute of Technology. As BoingBoing contributing editor Lisa Katayama reports, the ceremony was held before a live (and virtual) audience, replete with an MC, an actual priest, and, of course, the "girlfriend," who apparently said her own vows. "

Another article from Foxnews.com written on November 22, 2009 said:

" Since the girl doesn't really exist, SAL9000 reportedly took his Nintendo DS to Guam for a legal ceremony and honeymoon, and will livecast the upcoming wedding reception online, MyFoxDFW.com reported."

                I was thinking, "weird…just plain weird…" I mean I know I myself love to play dating sims and all that but I would never go as far as marrying a character in it! Just… weird…

Can this mean that relationships in games be a replacement for real life relationships?

No comments:

Post a Comment